Healthcare ethics focuses on supporting personalized care that is consistent with each patient’s individual values, and promotes the good of the human person.
Our Mission, Vision, Values and identity as a healing ministry of the Catholic Church guide our practices, with our Ethics Department serving a critical role by:
- Fostering disciplined decision-making processes that promote our Mission, Vision, Values and Catholic identity in clinical and organizational realms
- Sharing research and counsel to Ascension leaders working through organizational and clinical ethical issues
- Educating and providing resources for leaders and work teams that help them carry out their ethics responsibilities Ascension-wide
- Supporting and promoting dialogue between Ascension ministry leaders and local Ordinaries (diocesan bishops) to strengthen our relationship with the Church and our identity as one of its healing ministries.
- Leading our palliative care program.