September 26, 2022
For close to a century, doctors and care teams at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford have been dedicated to delivering compassionate, personalized care to Rutherford county and surrounding communities.
Our 1,700 associates are committed to listening, respecting your experiences and creating a care plan that is right for you.
We are leading the way with new services and healthcare options that are more affordable and convenient through our growing system of care, affiliations and partnerships.
And we continue to make significant investments in Rutherford county to care for you and your family for generations to come. In 2023, we are opening Tennessee’s first neighborhood hospital at Westlawn and expansions at our Rutherford hospital campus are underway.
Healthcare Built Around You: Our System of Care in Rutherford County
- Ascension Saint Thomas online care
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Westlawn hospital (coming 2023)
- Premier Radiology in partnership with Ascension Saint Thomas
- Ascension Saint Thomas Urgent Care in partnership with Urgent Team
- Ascension Medical Group Saint Thomas New Salem
- Ascension Medical Group Saint Thomas Saint Louise
- New Salem Surgery Center
- Middle Tennessee Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Westlawn Surgery Center (coming soon)
- Results Physiotherapy in partnership with Ascension Saint Thomas
- Hospital at Home
- NHC Home Health
- Kroger Health in clinical affiliation with Ascension Saint Thomas
Delivering on Our Mission to Care for All
Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford has carried out a mission to serve all people needing care in Rutherford County and its surrounding region for 95 years. With longstanding community support over the years, the hospital has grown and continues to reinvest in appropriate and needed services.
- $110 million expansion investments in Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford campus set for completion in 2024
- $52,000,000 in Care of the Poor in 2021
- 130 new beds (72 bed expansion complete) 58 coming online 2022-2023
- 107 recruited providers in the last year
- 3 new advanced care services to be added including Open Heart Surgery, Level II Trauma and Level III NICU
Awards and Recognitions
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford is designated as a National Silver Certified Safe Sleep Hospital
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford is a recipient of the Tennessee Department of Health’s 2021 BEST for Babies Award
- Ascension Saint Thomas is Middle Tennessee's leader in Joint Replacement and Spine surgery
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford is a Joint Commission Certified Chest Pain Center
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford is a Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford received the American Heart Association’s GoldPlus Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke quality achievement award.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford is designated as 2022 Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke Gold Plus Target: Stroke Elite Honor Roll and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll award recipient.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford is recognized as “High Performing” in a variety of procedures and conditions evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure, hip replacement, kidney failure, and knee replacement and stroke.
In the News
- Insider Podcast - Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford 95th Anniversary
- Rutherford Source - Life-Saving Stroke Intervention Offered in Rutherford County for the First Time
- Rutherford Source - Saint Thomas Rutherford to Add Open Heart Surgery in 2023
- Rutherford Source - Ascension Saint Thomas Earns National Recognition for Efforts to Improve Cardiovascular and Neurology Treatment
- WGNS Radio - Ascension Saint Thomas earns national recognition for efforts to improve cardiovascular and neurology treatment
- The Murfreesboro Post - Mammograms go mobile with ASTR's first 3D breast cancer screening coach
- The Murfreesboro Post - Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford breaks ground on new Westlawn hospital
- Daily News Journal - Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital hosts 'topping out' ceremony Friday
- Daily News Journal - 'For the welfare of mankind': Saint Thomas celebrates 95 years of care in Rutherford County
- Daily News Journal - Stakes raised: Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital proposes 58-bed expansion
- Murfreesboro.com - New Medical Helicopter to Rutherford County
- Fox17.com - Plans to expand Rutherford County hospital underway
- Nashville Medical News - Ascension Saint Thomas is nationally recognized for its commitment to providing high-quality stroke care
Who We Are
Ascension Saint Thomas operates 12 hospital campuses in Tennessee in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities that cover a 45-county area and employ more than 8,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension Saint Thomas provided more than $180 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2022. The health system has a 125-year history in Tennessee. Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable, through its more than 2,600 sites of care in 19 states and the District of Columbia.