Anthony R. Tersigni, EdD, FACHE, is Chair of the Board of Ascension Capital, LLC, Ascension’s healthcare investment fund. Ascension Capital formalizes and expands Ascension’s direct strategic investment initiative, generating capital gains that can be re-invested to support Ascension’s Mission to care for those who are poor and vulnerable.
Prior to this role, Dr. Tersigni served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care.
Throughout his more than 40 years of experience, Dr. Tersigni has garnered the ability to recognize, then capitalize, on growth opportunities to maximize success.
In addition to his appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor of Medical Education at Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin, Dr. Tersigni has shared his expertise with more than 20 professional organizations, serving as a board member and often as board chair.
Current Board Memberships:
- Saint Louis University – Board Member
- National Council Society of St. Vincent de Paul Foundation – Board Member
- National Catholic Bioethics Center – Board Member
- St. Louis Regional Business Council – Board Member and Past Board Chair
- Healthcare Leadership Council – Member and Past Board Chair (currently Co-chairing Care Management Workgroup related to Opioid Epidemic)
- Economic Club of Detroit – Board Member
Past Board Memberships:
- St. Louis Regional Chamber– Board Member/Executive Committee Member
- President, International Confederation of Catholic Health Care Institutions (a Committee of the Vatican’s Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development)
- Catholic University of America – Board Member and Member of the Finance Committee
- American College of Medical Quality – Member
- Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce – Board Member
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra – Board Member
- Detroit Opera House – Trustee
- Davenport University – Member, Board of Governors
- American Hospital Association – Member, Health Care Systems Governing Council
- Michigan Virtual University – Board Member
- ProAssurance – Board Member and Member of the Audit Committee
- American Osteopathic Association – Advisory Committee Member
- United Way of Greater St. Louis, Inc. – Board Member
- Catholic Health Association of the United States – Board Chair; 2010
- University of Detroit Mercy – Board Member
- Community Central Bank Holding Corporation – Board Member, Member of Loan Committee, Member of Compensation Committee
- Society of St. Vincent DePaul – Committee Member
Before becoming the first President and Chief Executive Officer of Ascension in 2012, Dr. Tersigni had served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Ascension Health since 2004. Previously he served as Ascension Health’s Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer from 2001 through 2003. From 1995 to 2000, Dr. Tersigni was President and Chief Executive Officer at St. John Health, Detroit (now Ascension St. John), which at that time was Ascension Health’s largest integrated health system. He also served the St. John system as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer from 1994 to 1995.